Akira Kamada invites artists to create and enter an outdoor, environmental sculpture made of natural materials that explores the seechange festival theme shared pathways – a concept inspired by the history of the wool road from Nerriga to Jervis Bay.
The concept of shared pathways offers rich possibilities for creative interpretation. it encapsulates the idea of physical pathways we share with other living creatures as well as shared intangible pathways – intellectual, creative, spiritual, social, family, cultural; shared lines of thinking, shared pathways of aesthetic knowledge and artistic practice.
– the open category is for artists 18+ years.
- location of exhibition and workshops front bush area at 110 yerunda road, tomerong
- one prize of $600 will be awarded by an independent judge. entries will be judged on the artist’s interpretation of the concept, use of natural materials and form.
- when creating your sculpture remember that it will be exhibited outdoors for over two weeks and therefore exposed to weather and local wildlife.
- the closing date to register an entry is Monday 21 May, 2018. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org m 0409 711 484